Thursday 20 September 2012

Linger Review

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


Publisher:  Scholastic Press
Release Date: July 13th/2010
Pages: 360
What It's About!

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

Review

I loved Shiver, but Linger let me down. After all the hype over these books I think my expectations drown out what was actually happening with the book. It's very well written, but between the slowness and constant switching of too many characters, most I didn't even really care about, it took me FOREVER to finish this book. It took a couple months MONTHS of picking it up and putting it aside again to read other books, then going back to Linger again. And again.

I wanted to love it the way I did with the first book, but I just couldn't. I was so looking forward to more Sam and Grace and unfortunately there was just too many characters getting in the way of the one story I actually cared to read about. This book just didn't flow as well as the first one. I have to say, though, I wasn't expecting to happen to Grace what did happen, but it did make a good twist to the story. I honestly don't know if I'll ever pick up the last book, from what everyone has told me it's way different than the rest of the series and it was hard enough getting through this book as it was. I gave it a 3/5 for the fact it's so well written and Grace and Sam were in it.
 
Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...